I apologize for not posting on my blog for an entire month, I went on vacation on the 17th of July and haven’t been in the mood to blog about anything *yikes*. I’ve also been in a huge reading/writing slump for over 2 months which is oh so very convenient 🙂 Nevertheless, I’ve been trying to keep up with the community’s posts on a weekly basis so I haven’t entirely gone AWOL xD and while I still have 2 more days until I travel back home, I realized that I’ve already taken pictures of the books I purchased in early July and have them ready on my laptop :’) thus this overdue book haul.
Since I’ve been on vacation for half of July and 1st week of August, my haul is a lot shorter than usual which is a pretty great thing, right? I managed to purchase in total: 4 books, 1 boxset [containing 4 books], and my very first preorder 😀 So, let’s get started:
- Tell Me Three Things by Julie Buxbaum: A good friend of mine highly recommended this contemporary novel months ago and since my local bookstore finally got it in paperback format and in decent price, I just had to get it + the cover is just way too cute not to own it ^^
- A Crown Of Wishes by Roshani Chokshi: This book grabbed my attention simply because it received lots of mixed reviews and I wanted to read it for myself. The synopsis and the setting of this book sounds cool and I also heard that Roshani’s writing style is descriptive which is something I can appreciate 🙂
- The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons: Historical fiction isn’t really my cup of tea but this book’s been getting lots of praise recently on my Goodreads feed (even though it was released back in 2001) and since I like to read a romance novel every once in a while, I decided to give this one a shot 🙂 Not gonna lie, it’s a pretty hefty book for one that doesn’t look it? if that makes any sense? it’s over 800 pages long … ALSO, HELLO BEAUTIFUL EDITION *heart eyes*
- Air Awakens by Elise Kova: This series isn’t shy of mixed reviews either and I got this book at a discounted price so maybe I won’t really feel bad if it sucked??
- The Seven Realms Box Set by Cinda Williams Chima: I totally didn’t purchase this boxset on impulse… I mean, it’s got magic and I like, like magic …
Yes, I already said that >.>
- Because You Love To Hate Me by Ameriie: I preordered this beautiful hardcover edition on Book Depository back in June with the expectation of packing it for vacation but did I get it on release date? No sir, I certainly did not 🙂 Regardless, my dad took this photo the instant it arrived home and I’m so happy to find that it’s in perfect condition :’) It’s also my most anticipated release for the 2nd half of 2017 so I hope it won’t let me down!
Have you read any of the books I mentioned above, do you recommend them? Are any of them on your TBR? What books did you haul in the month of July? Comment your thoughts down below ^^
Thank you for checking out this post, I hope you all have a lovely day and a very happy reading! ❤